Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Adventures of Robin Hood

Errol Flynn really shines as Robin of Locksley in The Adventures of Robin Hood, co-starring Olivia deHavilland as Maid Marian. I love the Robin Hood theme in general. And this movie doesn't disappoint with a light hearted spectacle of sword play and archery prowess. Basically, it's a great movie with great costumes and sets, and an Oscar award winning score.

My favorite scene is the archery competition. I really like the costume of Robin in disguise. There's also a nice sword fight between Basil Rathbone, which has an early example of silhouetted fight scenes.

I noticed this cool medallion on Robin's costume. I'm always looking for cool things from movies and fiction to replicate, design and build. I'll put this on my list of possibles.

No comments: